Announcement (Jan 22, 2019)
7 PhD positions are available in Lattice Field Theory as part of the EuroPLEx network (europlex.unipr.it) with an application deadline of the 22nd of February.
– Perform precision tests of the Standard Model.
– Investigate Beyond the Standard Model candidate theories.
– Probe the QCD phase diagram.
– Non-perturbatively study theoretical aspects of Quantum Field Theories.
The research provides a solid training in the analytical skills needed in quantum field theory and in particle physics phenomenology, as well as in high performance computing and in software development.
Fellowships are available at the following institutions
– Higgs Centre for Theoretical Physics at the University of Edinburgh in the groups of Prof. P. Boyle, Dr A. Portelli and Prof. L. Del Debbio (2 positions).
– Institute for Physics at the Humboldt University Berlin in the group of Prof. V. Forini (1 position).
– CP3-Origins at the South Denmark University in the group of Prof. C. Pica (1 position).
– Department of Mathematics at the University of Swansea in the group of
Prof. G. Aarts and Prof. B. Lucini (1 position).
– Department of Theoretical Physics at the Autonomous University of Madrid in the groups of Prof. C. Pena, Prof. M. Garcia Perez and Prof. A. González-Arroyo (2 positions).
The deadline for applications is the 22nd of February — late applications will be considered until the positions are filled. The expected start date is between the 1st of June and the 1st of October.
Candidates are expected to have a very good Masters degree in Physics or related areas at the time of the commencement of employment. They must be eligible under the H2020 ITN mobility rules, specifically, the researcher cannot have resided or carried out his/her main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting institution for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the recruitment date (see the H2020 guide for applicants).
Please direct informal enquiries or your complete application (CV, description of research interests and, if applicable, list of publications) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should arrange to have 2 letters of recommendation sent to the same address. If the candidate wants to be considered for a position at more than one institution, he/she should order the institutions by preference.
The receipt of each application will be acknowledged via email by the
EuroPLEx recruitment team.
IMPORTANT: the local recruitment procedures of the hiring institution will be followed in each case. In particular, those candidates who want to be considered for a position with the CP3-Origins team need to also apply directly online to the South Denmark University (click here).
The network is strongly committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
1 Mar 2019:
The network teams are currently shortlisting candidates. Applicants on the shortlists will be contacted soon
14 Mar 2019:
Candidates are now being contacted for interviews which will take place soon
4 Apr 2019:
Interviews have been conducted and a few positions (not all) have already been offered and accepted.
All positions but one have been assigned: the SECOND CALL is now CLOSED and applications are only accepted to fill the position in Odense.
Information provided by the applicants will be used and processed for the purpose of recruiting and selecting the EuroPLEx fellows in compliance with the provisions of GDPR (EU reg. 2016/679) and Italian DL 196/2003.